[0rg] Clan Forum

A meeting place for all [0rg] clan members.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
January 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Forum Registration
Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:25 pm by Kakujitsu
To all [0rg] members, forum registration is mandatory within a week of the steam group invitation. Anyone not registered on the forum will be removed from the group and will lose any clan privileges and admin rights.

Comments: 2
Rupture
Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:41 pm by Kakujitsu
Rupture is one of the founding members of .0rg Hes been with me and the clan since day one. A very skilled and funny player its come to my attention that hes been misunderstood. N!gga was a movement started by Rupture. When he uses the word N!gga its not ment in a derogatory or disrespectful way, it is a general term for friend or acquaintance taken from Hip-Hop culture. Heads up Rupture is crazy …

Comments: 5
Latest topics
» Rates
Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:39 am by Kakujitsu

» Goats Are Awesome
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:56 am by Ƙrᴓƞίc Ƙlᴓώƞ

» The epicness of CastleMiner Z has a place!
Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:01 pm by Retro Gojira

» Only took forever to remember my login info
Thu May 16, 2013 1:52 am by Kakujitsu

» Hi. Kakujitsu said I could come in here. no seriously.
Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 pm by Retro Gojira

» Source SDK fix after last update.
Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:04 pm by Kakujitsu

» Updated for New Music 2013.
Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 pm by RupturE.org

» CS:GO Pro Tip Series: TM
Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 am by Kakujitsu

» CS:GO Pro Tip Series: Semphis
Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:31 am by Kakujitsu

Poll
Top posters
Ecto.org

0147.org

Kakujitsu

Markymark.org

RupturE.org

7528.org

ŁǿﯕŧﯕǿبŁ.org

3791.org

6066.org

0216.org

Share | 

CS:S Tips by iRape @ Baddie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blaze.org
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: CS:S Tips by iRape @ Baddie   Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey guys i thought id share some of my knowledge of CS:S with you guys, guaranteed to make you a better gamer.

Config
Well first of is you need to find a config that suites you, the basics that everyone should have the same are cl_cmdrate 66 , cl_updaterate 66 , cl_rate 20000 then there are a few settings that will vary , you may have noticed the new lerp counter in your net graph , you should change that till you have a low number that is not yellow or orange so you might need some messing around cl_interp 0-1 so you can try stuff like cl_interp 0.003
and so on. then there comes the crosshairscale this is very up to the player them selves it is down to how you play im the type that makes every shoot count so i have the smallest crosshair possible, to change this you need to type cl_legacy_crosshair_scale 1 in console then cl_crosshairscale # mine is 7000. play around with your config till you are comfortable with it.

Weapons
You should decide early on what weapon set you are going to use and have it as your main weapon set , so you are going to become used to this and the stlye of gameplay associated with that weapon set. The main choice you will be faced with is Rifler or Awper , i my self am an awper as since i started playing CS i have always been comfortable with the Awp.

Rifler: If you choose to be a rifler i recommend buying m4/ak47 , a deagle , he grenade, 2 flashes and a smoke as the usual game play that goes with a rifler is pushing, this isn't to say that if you are a rifler you always have to push . Firing with either the Ak or M4 is all about the distance , the distance is going to determine how long you hold the mouse or how quickly you tap it. im going to use Dust2 as my gauge lets say you are looking down mid from t spawn and there is an enemy at the door (long Range) you tap click in a slow/medium pace and in 3-4 shots at a time so tap , tap , tap pause then start taping again if they are half way up mid ramp then you can use the same tactic with quicker taping or holding the click button and firing in bursts of 3 shots , then if they are close range you can use accurate bursting or spray the gun aiming down slightly and in the direction they are traveling.

Awper: If you are like me its the same weapon set as mentioned above except with the Awp instead of the Ak/M4 . The play style is different as well you are the picker , if you are told to go pick somewhere you go do it , also you have a bigger presence on the map as players tend to try and get rid of the awper first as he is the biggest threat in most cases , the key to using the awp is to play slow and pick your shots don't just fire randomly make sure its going to hit.

Nading
There are some certain skills associated with nades , i know that sounds stupid but there actualy are and i will point some good nade usage out here . Dont be a noob and just randomly toss high and far withought thinking .

For example if you are flashing bounce flashes towards the ground for a short throw and quick peek around a corner, clip it right near the edge... that gives them less time to escape (like if you had bounced it off the inside wall.. they get too much warning) every now and then use a smoke of the inside wall and run out as it leaves as the player is going to think its a flash and turn around so you can pick up an easy kill.

With HE nades an experienced player can throw them around a corner without peeking (this will come in time) once it hits pull out your gun and start shooting as the player should still be retreating your nade.

If you are flashed multiple times it is an obvious sign of a rush so pull out a HE or flash and throw it towards the direction they are coming this will counter the rush and should land right in the middle of them.

Use smokes to deal with awpers by blocking their line of vision.

Movement
Aside from the basics ,getting used to the game, and becoming a smart player.. The thing that really makes you good is Movement and aim. Remember to train your ears and hands to work together, when they fire, you move, when they are bursting and stopping for their recoil, you move and shoot, when they are shooting, you move. Practice this, when you get it down you'll be a very hard target ,you'll notice people wasting whole clips trying to hit you.

Misc
Didn't really know what category to put this in so Misc will do :P.

Learn to predict your opponent if a player is getting a lot of kills they are probable playing the same spot over and over again , figure out where this is and come up with a counter plan.

If you are playing an advanced player you may need to change your style as they will be able to figure you out very quickly.

Often find yourself dieing in a gunfight because you are reloading? then you need to either switch to your secondary , pull out a knife and rush them if you know they are going to be reloading soon , or the main one throw your gun and pick up a nearby one instead of wasting the time reloading.

When playing at long distances against awpers, make very SMALL strafing motions back and forth. There is a good reason why: when double scoped with a gun, strafing targets are really hard to hit. You're barely moving left or right, just moving a inch or so back and forth. people forget that when they have an AK out, and they move back and forth several inches, making them an easy target.

Don't always go jumping around corners an experienced awper will pick you immediately. sometimes come out halfway , not peeking but enough for an awper to see your arm , he will try to hit you then you jump out and get him on his recoil .

Make sure you don't crouch near corners your legs do stick out.

When planting a bomb do it in a spot that is easily covered so if a ct manages to get by you and on the bomb you can pick him easily.

Learn the timing of every rush point. If you rush a or b, know exactly how close the opposing team can be if they rushed it too, from the closest possible spawn they could have. Always be ready for wost possible scenario.

Make Use of everything on the map sometimes even a tree is enough to stop those bullets from finishing you off.

That is all the tips i have at this time , i hope they can help you improve your gaming and one more thing at the end of the day it comes down to pure talent. All the above points will make you an informed player but never a great player.

and this is my first ever guide / tips thread so go easy on me ;)

Last edited by Blaze.org on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
0147.org
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Zodiac : Sagittarius Posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: CS:S Tips by iRape @ Baddie   Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:37 am

Wow I had no idea that people could be so into a game to think of every possible technique to be more awesome (huge sarcasm).

Very good tips. I never would have known most to any of this.

Also be very careful where you put your steam account name, bro. Change it so then its 'PM me on the forum' rather than add me on steam. Hackers now have a reference of the account if they wish to hack into it.

Ecto.org
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Zodiac : Leo Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: CS:S Tips by iRape @ Baddie   Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:15 am

tbh i thought being good at css was having the ability to \"Leeroy Jenkins\" kids off but it seems you've proved me wrong!

nice guide :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CS:S Tips by iRape @ Baddie   Today at 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down

CS:S Tips by iRape @ Baddie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1