[0rg] Clan Forum

A meeting place for all [0rg] clan members.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
February 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Forum Registration
Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:25 pm by Kakujitsu
To all [0rg] members, forum registration is mandatory within a week of the steam group invitation. Anyone not registered on the forum will be removed from the group and will lose any clan privileges and admin rights.

Comments: 2
Rupture
Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:41 pm by Kakujitsu
Rupture is one of the founding members of .0rg Hes been with me and the clan since day one. A very skilled and funny player its come to my attention that hes been misunderstood. N!gga was a movement started by Rupture. When he uses the word N!gga its not ment in a derogatory or disrespectful way, it is a general term for friend or acquaintance taken from Hip-Hop culture. Heads up Rupture is crazy …

Comments: 5
Latest topics
» Rates
Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:39 am by Kakujitsu

» Goats Are Awesome
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:56 am by Ƙrᴓƞίc Ƙlᴓώƞ

» The epicness of CastleMiner Z has a place!
Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:01 pm by Retro Gojira

» Only took forever to remember my login info
Thu May 16, 2013 1:52 am by Kakujitsu

» Hi. Kakujitsu said I could come in here. no seriously.
Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 pm by Retro Gojira

» Source SDK fix after last update.
Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:04 pm by Kakujitsu

» Updated for New Music 2013.
Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 pm by RupturE.org

» CS:GO Pro Tip Series: TM
Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 am by Kakujitsu

» CS:GO Pro Tip Series: Semphis
Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:31 am by Kakujitsu

Poll
Top posters
Ecto.org

0147.org

Kakujitsu

Markymark.org

RupturE.org

7528.org

ŁǿﯕŧﯕǿبŁ.org

3791.org

6066.org

0216.org

Share | 

Spiral Stair Case

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
0147.org
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Zodiac : Sagittarius Posts : 123

PostSubject: Spiral Stair Case   Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:11 am

Making a simple spiral staircase

Inside SourceSDK open hammer and either create a new map or open a map you currently want to insert the spiral staircase into.

The block type used for making a spiral staircase is the one called arch. The arch can be reconfigured so then it rises upwards, how thick the walls are and how many sides (or in this case stairs) are included.

Choose the arch option with the brush tool.

Usually one story rises 128 units on the hammer grid, therefore this would be a good place to start for the height of your spiral staircase, however the steps can be as flat as you want if you are not wanting to use the stairs to go up many storeys (as a person could not physically walk under them). The maximum height a step can be to 'walk up' is 8 units, so a few calculations should be made before drawing the height and width of the brush.

The height of each stair can be worked out by (height/number of stairs), so to get a height of 8 for each stair would require me to divide 128 by 8. Which resolves to 16 stairs.

On the physical grid draw the width and breadth of the staircase using the x/y grid. Usually this would be square to make it a spiral or a circle and make it 128 high. In my case its 128x128x128.

Pressing enter would cause the properties of the arch to come up. Using the properties worked out before enter all the necessary details of the spiral staircase. However you need to add the height of the staircase into the field called "Add Height". This is how the stairs take shape.

When enter is pressed the brushes are created however it seems to be much taller than what was wanted. Just re-size the brushes so then they are back to 128 tall.

See how simple it was! You can change the wall width or any other properties by experimenting with the arches properties. Enjoy! :suspect:

Spiral Stair Case
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1